1) The third Saturday of each month we fly a task in the direction, Cunderdin air, Narrogin silo, Narrogin Air, Beverley, Cunderdin. Starting at the individuals club and flying in a clockwise direction (See map).
2) Starting on October through to March.
3) Should the day be considered suitable the task may be increased by adding an additional turning point. The additional turning point will confirmed by GCWA by 10:15 a.m. If no telephone call then the standard task will be assumed.
4) Gliders will be handicapped by the club class handicap.
5) Should the pilot wish to fly with water there will be an additional handicap of 5%.
6) The pilot has the choice as to fly wet or dry, but is deemed to be flying wet if he LAUNCHES wet.
7) The scoring will be based around the state speed task scoring, with a cut off point of 500 points, should the pilot get round. (This is to encourage novice pilots who will score substantially for the very act of flying.)
8) There will be two competitions run, the individual competition where the best 4 flights are scored over the season and cumulated.
9) The team score will be run in the following manner. The scores for the day will be cumulated for the day and the leading team will score 5 points, second 4 points and third 3 points.
10) The points will be cumulated over the season to give the winner. (The reason for this is to keep the competition close throughout the season. It hopefully will also encourage a club to at least send one pilot out, in so doing so will gain suitable points.)
12) Should a pilot decide to cut short their flight they will be scored 90% of the total flight length. E.G. if a pilot flies from Beverley / Cunderdin / Alderside / Beverley he will be scored that distance * 90% The minimum distance that will score will be handicap distance of 100K.
13) Should the wind be forecast to be greater or equal to 25 knots in the 0-3000ft on area 60 for any time in the expected duration of the task the competition will be cancelled.
14) Turning sectors are Thistles with 500m radius circles. Start and finishing will be 1km radius circles. All flight times will use these features.
Dates for 2016/17
Saturday October 15th 2016
Saturday November 19th 2016
Saturday December 17th 2016
Saturday January 21st 2017
Saturday February 18th 2017
Saturday March 18th 2017